Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Adventures!!


Well this is my first post so wish me luck.

The last few months have brought new adventures in my life. My fifth yes I said fifth car was purchased which I am still learning to like. I moved from West Valley, Utah back to Holladay, Utah. I am living in a nice condo with some roommates. I also took another step and left my beloved singles ward for a new one. It is a change that needed to happen and after much fasting and praying I know it was the right choice. In the mist of this I was called to work in the Salt Lake Temple! I am happily working in the Youth Center every Saturday morning ( it is were we watch the children while their parents are getting ready for the sealing). This past Sunday I was called and sustained as a new Gospel Doctrines teacher (proof the Lord has a sense of humor). Some have told me this is a very fun calling but I think I am being punished for not studying or attending Sunday school regularly. *note... Go to class to avoid this calling :o) ha ha To be completely honest I am SCARED out of my wits with this. When the first counselor of my Bishopric told me they would like to call me as a teacher I ever so nicely asked him "if he would like to go back and get on his knees and ask the Lord again because I was pretty sure a mistake had been made". He politely replied that "he in fact knew it was not a mistake and the bishop felt very strong about this call". So being taught by my parents that you NEVER turn down a calling I accepted it. I have always been an activities, service or friendshipping committee kinda gal, so this will totally be a new ballgame for me!! I ask for your prayers in this New Adventure. Much love

3 comments:

Mary Kay Gomora said...

You will be fantastic as Gospel Doctrine teacher. It requires a lot of preparation but you have all the resources at your fingertips. I remember when I was called as seminary teacher and felt the same way. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. Stretching and growing beyond our comfort zone is scary but opens many doors. You're in my prayers as always. Love, Mary Kay

Chanelle said...

Brandi! I love you to death! (oh I love your blog too!!!) I miss seeing you in our ward!!! I hope you love your new calling! :P you'll be great! you have to let me know when your class is and I'll come!!! (and maybe I won't make faces at you! ;) ha ha!!! love ya!

L. Taggart said...

You are always in our prayers of course! Nice new car, great new adventures! Glad you joined the blog world.

As always, just let the lord handle the hard stuff. Being a willing servant, who will do their best, is the hardest thing you need to do. He will take care of the rest.

Miss you and love you to pieces!