Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to Arizona for Mandy's WEDDING!!

Well time has flown by. I am back in Arizona for 10 days to help celebrate Mandy's wedding! I flew into town on Friday night October 9th and will be here until Monday morning of the 19th. The festivities began on Tuesday when Mandy went to the Temple to take out her endowments. What a wonderful experience it was. As I sat there I was taken back to when I took out my endowments almost 4 years ago. I am sooo glad I went when I did. Had I thought I knew better then the Lord, I would have missed the chance to have at least one parent sitting physically in the temple with me. My temple experience was one of great emotion for me. I hope I will always remember the wonderful beautiful spirit I felt that day in November. Back to Mandy's BIG DAY... We are having her Bachelorette Party Thursday night and then Friday we are meeting in the morning for Manicures and Pedicures!! ( My favorite part). Friday night is the rehearsal dinner and Renae and I have to each come up with a toast for the happy couple. Then SATURDAY is the BIG DAY!! Mandy and Lowell are getting sealed in the Mesa Temple that morning! I am so excited for her!

While I am over the moon happy for my best friend, I can't help but feel a little sad for myself. Yes I am going to pull out my little pity party. Why you ask?? Well because it's my blog and my place to vent and cry if I need to. In the recent week 4 other people I know have gotten engaged. I also still have 2 more wedding to attend after this one. With all this LOVE and wedding stuff around me it's only normal I feel a pinch of heartache. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't . But I am slowly realizing I may need to just let go of this dream of ever having my day. The older I get the less and less chance I have of finding Mr. Right. This is a sad thing to accept but some times you just need to and move on with life. So after this hard wedding season passes I am going to do just that. I am going to put all my energy into working my jobs and focusing on my callings of teaching and the YSA program. Maybe those will distract me from dwelling on the things in my life that aren't coming. Sorry for the Pity me. But it's either here or staying pint up for a MAJOR explosion later.

No comments: