Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Here I go Again!!

Well it has been over 2 years since I last posted. A LOT as happened... I will fill you in on 1 important happening.

 First a back story: 
When I was a Jr in high school both of my parents were sick and could not work full-time. My sweet mother was battling cancer and my strong father was battling a serious case of Valley Fever. After speaking with both my parents, I decided to quit school and get a full time job to help them with the bills. So I never graduated from High school. This has always been one of my biggest regrets. Well not the helping my family out the not getting a diploma. So fast forward to January 13th of this year (2012) I finally did it I received my DIPLOMA!! I took and passed the General Education Degree(GED). I was so shocked and re-leaved I passed. My final score was a 2680 all you needed was a 2250 to pass. 

After accomplishing this GIANT task I enrolled myself into COLLEGE!! Yes at the rightful age of 31, I AM A COLLEGE FRESHMAN :). I have decided to get my Degree in Social Work and my dream and goal is to one day be a Relationship & Family Counselor. For this I will need to get my Masters in Social Work (MSW) and from there I hope to become a License Clinical Social Worker(LCSW). These are a few years off but not to far out of reach!! 

Well I must tell you about my first semester of college life. I started this Summer and took 3 classes totaling 10 credit hours. I did this while working 45 hours a week with my full time job. I emerged myself in schooling and tried to balance social life, work life and school. I failed miserably. But I am learning how to handle all the stress and pressures of this new life of mine. So Summer semester was only 8 weeks. In this short time of school I learned so much about myself. WOW!! I learned that if I really put my mind to something I can accomplish it. 

The most important lesson I learned didn't come from a class room or a mortal teacher. It came from my Heavenly Father. You see when I made the choice to go back to school I made a promise to my Father that I would never study or do school work on the Sabbath if he would help me to accomplish my work during the week and help me to understand the new things I would be taught. I also had to promise I would do all I possibly could at first and then my Father would help me where I lacked. I know beyond a doubt that the Lord pretty much carried me through this semester. Here is why I say that... Math was a pass/fail grade, I struggled with one module for a bit and then just 2 weeks shy of the deadline I passed 2 modules in 2 days, also in my English writing class i managed to pull a 99.8% as my final grade for the class yes folks I received and A, I also did this in my Learning Enhancement class 102.6% A+!! I know me and I know my abilities and these grades are beyond my own abilities. I know the Lord truly enlighten my understanding and helped me to retain the knowledge I needed to pass my classes. I am learning I am smarter then I thought. I am grateful for this opportunity to further my education. I am thankful for a Father in Heaven who truly knows me and believes in me and helps me to succeed in changing my life for the better!!

I am getting ready to start my Fall semester. I am a little nervous but so excited to continue my education. This semester I will start my degree classes. I am taking Intro to Social Work. I again have been blessed with a tender mercy in this class, you see my old LDS Families Counselor (Angela) will be my Professor for this class(one answer I received telling me this was the right path for me).

This is pretty much all that has been going on with my life just school and some traveling to Arizona for visits. I will try to be better about this and post more often. I do promise never to take that long of a break again.

I wish I had great male news for you but NOPE... I am still single. I could right a whole novel on this and the struggles with it but that is for another time and place. There was someone I liked thought he liked me in return but alas it was not so. He is still a great friend and a great man and he will make some woman amazingly happy but that woman is not me :( Farewell until next time!!

No comments: